As part of our efforts to support you in your projects and initiatives Celebrate Urban Birds offers free workshops and online training. You can participate alone or with your co-workers, family, or friends. Everyone is welcome!
During the webinar you can explore resources, opportunities, events, and educational material that can help support your work and interest in birds, their habitats, and conservation in your community.
Coming soon! Take our upcoming online drawing workshop to explore your creativity, birds, and the arts with Celebrate Urban Birds. This online workshop is a collaboration with our partners in Venezuela – AVEZONA. Have fun, learn about birds, and yourself! Share with others.
This workshop is dedicated to all those who wish to explore their creativity by drawing, painting and coloring. Creativity is not “something” that only some people have, we are all creative and as humans we can express ourselves in many ways.
We are going to explore our creativity in this course and we assure you that at the end you will be able to have a better perspective of free-style drawing. You will be able to express yourself through different drawing and painting techniques. We will show you how to draw a bird.
Remember that everyone is welcome, and you do not need to have any knowledge of drawing or painting to participate.
Mini-Grant Webinar 2021/Trainings (English)
Check out the 2021 Mini-Grant training focused on increasing equity in bird watching! (Coming soon)
Past Webinars/Trainings (English)
Past Webinars (Spanish)
- 2020 Celebrate Urban Birds Mini-grants: What they are and how to apply. In this webinar we explain what Celebrate Urban Birds Mini-grants are, how to apply , and how they can help you hold events in your community. The webinar was presented on December 10, 2019. To watch the recording, click here!
- All about the Macaulay Scientific Collection for educators. In this webinar we gave a step-by-step explanation on how to use the resources offered by the Macaulay Library Scientific Collection. Everyone interested in getting to know the diverse collection of audio, video, and photographic recordings and how to use them with their group is welcome. The webinar was presented on December 12, 2018. To view this webinar click here!
- Merlin, the smartphone app: what it is and how it can support you. In this webinar, we taught what the Merlin smartphone app is, how to use it, and how it can support your projects and individual or group activities. The webinar was presented on Tuesday November 28, 2017. To watch its recording, click here!
- Resources from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. In this webinar, we talked about the Spanish resources that the Lab has available for your community, including eBird, the Macaulay Library Scientific Collection, Neotropical Birds, Celebrate Urban Birds, the smartphone app for bird identification “Merlin,” and how you and your participants can use these resources. We also mentioned the opportunities that we offer to support you in your community activities. The webinar was presented on November 16, 2017. To view the webinar click here!
- Creating habitat for your community’s birds. In this webinar we talk about birds and their habitats and gave some ideas for how to create habitats for birds in your community. The webinar was presented on September 6, 2017. To watch the recording, click here!
You can also check out past training videos at the bottom of the page and our Vimeo archive.
For additional free webinars in English from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, click here to visit our K-12 Education program!