As part of our efforts to support you in your projects and initiatives, Celebrate Urban Birds offers free online training (webinars). You can participate alone, or with your co-workers, family, or friends. Everyone is welcome! During the webinar’s, explore resources, opportunities, events, and educational material that can help support your work and interest in birds, their habitat, and conservation in your community.
To participate, all you need is internet access at a computer with audio, to sign up ahead of time for the webinars that interest you using the links below, and to connect at the indicated date and time. The following webinars will be conducted in Spanish and are geared towards educators and community organizations in Central and South America. Stay tuned for English-language webinars, usually presented in the spring. You can also check out past training videos at the bottom of the page and our Vimeo archive.
For more free webinars from the Lab of Ornithology, click here to visit BirdSleuth!
2018 Future Webinars (Spanish)
The list of 2018 webinars in Spanish will be published soon.
Recent Webinars (English)
Recent Webinars (Spanish)
- All about the Macaulay Scientific Collection for educators. In this webinar, we explained step-by-step how to use the resources offered by the Macaulay Library Scientific Collection. Everyone interested in getting to know the diverse collection of audio, video, and photographic recordings and how to use them with their group is welcome. The webinar was presented on December 12. To view the webinar click here!
- 2018 Celebrate Urban Birds Mini-grants: What they are and how to apply. In this webinar, we clarified what Mini-grants from Celebrate Urban Birds are, how to apply for them, and how they can help create events in your community. The webinar was presented on Thursday November 30, 2017. To watch its recording, click here!
- Merlin, the smartphone app: what it is and how it can support you. In this webinar, we taught what the Merlin smartphone app is, how to use it, and how it can support your projects and individual or group activities. The webinar was presented on Tuesday November 28, 2017. To watch its recording, click here!
- Resources from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. In this webinar, we talked about the resources that the Lab has available in Spanish for your community, like eBird, the Macaulay Library Scientific Collection, Neotropical Birds, Celebrate Urban Birds, the smartphone app for bird identification “Merlin,” and how you and your participants could use them. We also talked about the opportunities that we offer to support you in your community activities. The webinar was presented on November 16. To view the webinar click here!
- Creating habitat for your community’s birds. In this webinar, we talked about birds and their habitats and gave some ideas for how to create habitats for birds in your community. The webinar was presented on September 6, 2017. To watch its recording, click here!