We received so many fantastic responses to our Celebrate Urban Bird 2020 Mini-Grant invitation. They were amazing to read! We loved seeing the interest and the creativity from so many diverse organizations that are committed to improving their communities and caring for their local birds through the arts and the care of their natural environment.
Like every year, it was incredibly difficult to select only a few of the many fantastic celebrations proposed. We were especially impressed by those that engaged participants of all backgrounds, especially those that are not usually present in bird conservation activities. We also love to see proposals that integrate the arts and improve local environments.
To all our applicants, we want to thank you for your commitment to your communities. We also want to thank you for your grand efforts in raising bird and environmental conservation awareness in your neighborhood!
This year’s Celebrate Urban Bird 2020 winners are:
- Alas Putumayo – Colombia
- ANDINUS – Custodios de la Naturaleza – Peru
- Asociación Boliviana para la Conservación de las Aves – Aves Bolivianas – Bolivia
- AveZona – Venezuela
- Becarios Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Ceibeña Limitada – Honduras
- Centro de Investigación Ambiental Escuela Juan Ponce de Leon II – Puerto Rico
- Ch’okwoj Maaya Ts’íib (Escritura Maya Antigua) – Mexico
- D’Youville Porter Schools – New York, USA
- Fundación por la Educación Multidimensional – FEM Colombia – Colombia
- Garden Time, Inc. – Rhode Island, USA
- Glenwood Life Counseling – Maryland, USA
- Grupo de Teatro Kan’ Uneram – Mexico
- Janko Eco Bicicletas – Perú
- KAURÉ – Colombia
- Líderes Ambientales – Chile
- Los Correcaminos, Observación de aves – Mexico
- Plataleas Bird Club – Mexico
- Programa de Aves Urbanas Tepic – Mexico