Meet our 2012 youth interns and take a look at some of their projects (in progress).

My name is Paola and I’m 16. I was born and raised in Miami, Florida. My family moved to Savannah, Georgia 4 years ago. I’m proud to say that I’m from Puerto Rico and love being surrounded by its unique culture. I enjoy reading, going to the beach, and being outside.

My Name is Amando. I’m 15 years old and I’m from Houston, Texas. I like to bring plants to my mother’s garden. My biggest dream in my life is being an architect or engineer.

Hi, I’m Leyla! I am ten years old, and am homeschooled along with my three siblings. I’ve been studying birds since I was three years old. My favorite place to go birdwatching is Wildwood Lake. My favorite birds to spot are Eastern Bluebirds. I also volunteer for a guinea pig rescue and like taking arts and crafts classes. My favorite band is The Beatles, and my favorite food is pie!

My name is Mailiis. I’m 15 and a junior in high school. Although I have only begun my interest in birds within the past few years, ever since I was a kid I’ve always enjoyed drawing a lot. I have always enjoyed science, which made me all the happier to find out that art and science can be used so well together to teach others and myself. I love to spend time being connected with my Chinese and Estonian heritage. I like to listen to music and spend time outside.

My name is Philip. I’m 16 years old and I’m from Houston, Texas. I am an outdoor person, so I like to spend most of my time at parks and many grassy fields, and enjoy watching different kinds of animals.

My name is Jasmin and I went to Edison Middle School for 7-8th Grade. I’m now going to go to Westbury High School for visual arts. It took me a long time to let anybody see my drawings but my friends helped me start to share with people.

My name is Natalia. I’m 14 years old and I’m from Houston, Texas, where I go to Edison Middle School. I want to be an artist and a veterinarian. I want to be both because I care about animals and I love to draw.

My name is Myshelle. I was born in Wurzburg, Germany but my background is Peruvian. I moved to Savannah after my dad retired from the military when I was 3 years old. I recently graduated from high school and plan to go to college to study nursing.

Hi! My name is Dale. I absolutely love art in general, and I spend most of my time either painting or sculpting things. I’m very meticulous and I strive for perfection, and it all pays off once I’ve finished a piece of art. If I’m not holding a brush or piecing some sculpture together, I’m either drawing or spending time with my family.