Some LACE youth participants from LACE

Meet our 2012 LACE (Latino students, Advancement, Commitment, and Excellence) youth interns in Syracuse, NY. These youth are researching, writing, and narrating public service announcements on the radio!

Javier. Youth Intern 2012 from group LACE, Syracuse, NY
Hi, my name is Javier Alfonso. I am 19 years old, and I came from Cuba 4 years ago. I live in Syracuse NY, which is a beautiful place with a lot of nature, trees and lakes. I love animals especially dogs. I also like acting and this is what I would like to do in the future.

2012 Youth Intern Rubiel of the group LACE, Syracuse, NY
My name is Rubiel and I am 18 years old. I was born in Cuba, in the province of Holguín. I am the son of Deris and Rubiel. When I was 14 years old, I came to the United States with my sister and father. I am a cheerful person and I love pigeons. I raise them and love them as part of my life and family. Raising pigeons are my favorite hobby.

Hilary a Youth intern from the group LACE at Syracuse, NY
My name is Hilary and I am Dominican. In 2010, I arrived in Syracuse NY. I study at Fowler High School, and I am in 10th grade. When I graduate, I would like to go to college and study medicine. I would like to be a pediatrician. I would also love to travel all over the world, and meet people from different countries. In the summer of 2012, I worked in a program called LACE and in radio Nosotros “Tu Voz Latina”; it was a wonderful experience. I learned about birds and helped to landscape a park for our community. I met youth from other countries and we learned from each other.

Pamela, one of our 2012 LACE youth interns in Syracuse NY
Hi! My name is Pamela and I am from the Dominican Republic. I am 15 years old. I study at Fowler High School. When I finish school, I would like to study more and become a nurse. I live in Syracuse, NY. In my free time, I like to go to the movies with my friends and share time with other people.

Jhostin, one of our 2012 LACE youth interns in Syracuse NY
My name is Jhostin, and I am from the Dominican Republic. I am 15 years old. I study at Fowler High School. When I graduate, I would like to go to college to study law and become a lawyer. I live in Syracuse, New York, and I have two sisters. I love to share time with my friends!

Maribel, one of our 2012 LACE youth interns in Syracuse NY
I am Maribel. I am 19 years old. I study at Fowler High School, and I am from the Dominican Republic. Two years ago, I arrived in Syracuse, NY. I am a humble and quiet girl. In my free time, I like to listen to music, go shopping and spend time with my friends. I also like to study a lot, read short stories, watch soap operas, and be creative in the kitchen. I love to dance to all types of music. I am a “chévere” girl. When I finish high school, I would like to go to college to study Civil Engineering.

Pamela, one of our 2012 LACE youth interns in Syracuse NY
Hi! I am Daxariis and I am 17 years old. I am from Puerto Rico, from “La Isla del Encanto.” I live with my family, including my father, mother, and siblings. I love this project because I am participating and learning every day. God bless you!